Medical Writer (Home or Office-based)
IQVIA is changing an entire industry through inspired innovation. Our People make the difference. We believe that great ideas can come from anywhere. Great products come from great ideas. And great ideas come from great people. We look for the very best people and then give them meaningful work to do. Join IQVIA and help us make the world a better place.
Research and write a variety of communications materials to a high standard for different target audiences, with some support. Work across a number of multi-functional teams from the Writing team, to the broader department and other IQVIA divisions.
• Research and develop written materials to the highest scientific and grammatical standards, according to internal/client brief.
• Display excellent technical accuracy, correct interpretation of source documents, good attention to detail, creativity (where appropriate) and (with some guidance) the ability to tailor materials appropriately for a range of educational needs and target audiences, with adherence to timelines and budgeted hours.
• Methodically incorporate internal/client/author comments using a scientifically accurate and balanced approach, and with senior support resolve any conflicts in a professional and compliant manner.
• Exercise good interpersonal/communication skills for effective and professional liaison with the internal team, clients, healthcare professionals and other key stakeholders and to obtain comprehensive briefs and responses to queries.
• Actively participate in meetings with relevant internal and external stakeholders, where necessary, and respond effectively to questions relating to allocated areas of responsibility.
• Monitor assigned projects and manage own workload, taking ownership and anticipating capacity issues and potential solutions.
• Work with senior Writing team members to deliver to required budget and time specifications.
• Diligently keep up to date with, and follow, all applicable company standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Bachelor’s Degree Scientific/Medical or Communications/Marketing preferred
• Minimum of 1 year of relevant writing or related experience, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Strong computer skills, including MS office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Internet
• Experience with research tools and approaches, such as reference management/publication planning databases. Good research skills and ability to interpret scientific and clinical data
• Strong, versatile medical writing skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to generate grammatically correct, consistent, scientifically accurate copy, using appropriate writing styles for different audiences
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize work effectively
• Ability to be self-directed and manage time efficiently
• Ability to work to tight timelines
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, clients and suppliers
• Familiarity with current industry code of practice guidelines
• Budgetary awareness
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled