Manager, Data Management – IQVIA Biotech
IQVIA Biotech is a unique division specialising in working with smaller Biotech and emerging Biopharma clients and as such we have a vibrant, fast-paced working environment. The sector we work in is cutting edge with therapies for un-met medical need.
IQVIA Biotech is currently looking for a Manager with a proven experience in Clinical Data Management, that will lead and support a team of Data Management professionals to efficiently produce databases that meet customer requirements.
**ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:**
• Manage a team of professional Data Management staff. Size of team could vary from 5+ upwards -15, depending on the Data Management Function. Define and prioritize resource requirements and manage resource assignments across projects. Directly responsible for utilization of staff. Assess and document competency of staff to satisfy position responsibilities. Regularly set goals and evaluates and documents performance. Propose salaries, promotion and termination actions. Actively contribute to recruitment of new staff. Implementation of department/office objectives. Provide expert review and guidance for production of Data Management deliverables including CRF/e-CRF, database design and set-up, validation definition and programming, Data Management Plan and database deliverables to internal and external customers. Provide technical advice and solutions with internal and external customers to solve problems and improve efficiency. Participate in the development and implementation of new processes and technology. Ensure that staff is trained and compliant with current operating procedures and work instructions and project scope of work. Identify and address professional development/training needs of staff. Mentor staff members to develop Data Management process, system, and drug development expertise. Provide operational input into proposals and scope of work. Participate in proposal defenses. Attend customer meetings and lead discussions of project requirements and strategic planning. Understand scope of work, budget, and scope assumptions. Identify out-of-scope work and provide revised costs with supporting documentation. Ensure project milestones are met according to agreed upon timelines. Actively manage quality throughout project. May be Project Manager/Project Lead for a major study or a series/group of studies. Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work
• appraising performance and guiding professional development
• rewarding and disciplining employees
• addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters.
• Bachelor’s Degree Clinical, biological or mathematical sciences or related field
• 7 years of relevant work experience including people management. Equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Advanced knowledge of Data Management processes and systems. Solid understanding of clinical drug development process. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proven leadership skills. Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage projects. Effective problem solving skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients. Advanced knowledge of Data Management processes and systems. Solid understanding of clinical drug development process.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proven leadership skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage projects. Effective problem solving skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
IQVIA is a world leader in using data, technology, advanced analytics, and expertise to help customers drive healthcare – and human health – forward. Together with the companies we serve, we are enabling a more modern, more effective and more efficient healthcare system, and creating breakthrough solutions that transform business and patient outcomes.
To get there, it takes diverse skills and a curiosity to explore new possibilities. No matter your role, everyone at IQVIA, including our colleagues at Q² Solutions, contributes to our shared goal of improving human health. Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled