Clinical Database Programmer
Provide technical assistance as part of a team to develop and maintain clinical systems that meet internal and external clients’ needs. Plan and coordinate database design and development for local, regional, or transnational use.
• Plan and coordinate database design, development, implementation, maintenance, and user support of clinical systems.
• Provide technical expertise in conjunction with internal and external clients.
• Program, test, and document databases in accordance with programming standards and validation procedures.
• Program database manipulation and transfers of data for internal and external clients.
• May assist IT in developing and implementing new technologies.
• May assist IT in testing and evaluating new upgrades to technologies.
• May assist in developing, revising, and maintaining core operating procedures and working instructions.
• Meet objectives as assigned, and interact with the project team to organize timelines, responsibilities and deliverables.
• Develop and maintain good communications and working relationships with teams and external clients.
• May interact with corporate team and CDM team members to negotiate timelines, responsibilities, and deliverables.
• May serve as Lead Programmer on the corporate team.
• Bachelor’s Degree Computer/life science or related field
• 1 year of relevant work experience Or
• Equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Clinical Data Programming: Good knowledge of Oracle and/or SAS
• Laboratory Data Programming: Good knowledge of VGL and/or BizTalk and/or C# and/or .NET
• Solid understanding of clinical drug development process
• Excellent organizational, communication, and technical database skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com .
IQVIA is a world leader in using data, technology, advanced analytics, and expertise to help customers drive healthcare – and human health – forward. Together with the companies we serve, we are enabling a more modern, more effective and more efficient healthcare system, and creating breakthrough solutions that transform business and patient outcomes.
To get there, it takes diverse skills and a curiosity to explore new possibilities. No matter your role, everyone at IQVIA, including our colleagues at Q² Solutions, contributes to our shared goal of improving human health. Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled